Sales is a demanding field that requires hard work and dedication to bring in revenue for a company in today’s era. Sales are the backbone of any organization. With our sales resume example, you can create an enticing resume that can land you a dream job.
Our Best Sales Resume Examples
1) Most Recommended Example:
Note: This is a chronological format resume example of a sales professional.
2) Most Used Example:
Note: This is a combination format resume example of a sales professional.
3) Most Viewed Example:
Note: This is a functional format resume example of a sales professional.
3 Simple Steps To Create a Sales Resume On CareerNewton
STEP 1- PICK A TEMPLATE
Before the job hunt even starts, don’t let detrimental elements get in your way. Browse through our modern resume templates.
STEP 2- FILL DETAILS
Fill out your information in the resume editor, then try out our AI Writer, and see how your resume is updated dynamically in real time.
STEP 3- DOWNLOAD/PRINT
And yes, it is completely free! We do not activate the paywall when you create a resume. If you use any of the advanced features like downloading multiple resumes, we will notify you, so you can opt to pay.
Best Writing Suggestions For Your Sales Resume
With CareerNewton’s AI resume builder, you can easily create a strong and enticing sales resume that can definitely assist you to land your dream job.
Here you can easily customize your resume as per your job profile and get the best suitable suggestion or tips as per your requirements.
Some of the suggestions CareerNewton’s AI resume builder might suggest are-
- Proven ability to increase sales and grow revenue.
- Is able to articulate the features and benefits of the product in a way that is clear and concise.
- Collaborated in a team-based, lively environment to attain objectives by deadlines.
- Proven success in sales through consistent quotas being met or exceeded.
- Strong ability to develop relationships and support with customers.
10 Recommended Do’s and Don’ts For Writing Sales Resume
- Do incorporate your current contact information, such as your name, mobile number, email ID, and LinkedIn profile if available, at the top of your resume.
- Do display your accomplishments in previous sales job roles along with relevant metrics and data.
- Do include keywords related to the job profile you are applying for to increase your chances of being selected by applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Do highlight your skills and expertise that match the requirements of the job you are applying for.
- Do use action verbs to start each key point to make your achievements more impactful.
- Don’t add personal details, such as marital status, class, or religion.
- Don’t use a common objective statement that does not suit the job role you are applying for.
- Don’t use a groovy or colorful template that may deflect from your content.
- Don’t construct your resume too long or difficult to read.
- Don’t fail to have someone else review your resume for positive feedback and proofreading.
The Ultimate Guide To Beat The ATS With these Sales Resume Skills
ATS stands for Applicant Tracking System, which is a software that is used by several companies, including those in the sales industry, to handle the recruitment process. ATS is basically used to automatically overview job applications and resumes, and to select the most qualified candidates for any given job profile.
In the sales industry, ATS is actively used to handle the large number of job applications that sales organizations receive on a regular basis. With the increased demand for sales professionals and the large stack of applications received, sales organizations mostly use ATS to manage the recruitment process and ensure that they are able to select the most suitable candidates quickly and efficiently.
Using our AI resume builder, you can highlight all your relevant sales compatible skills.
Some of those skills are-
- Sales Techniques.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Communication Skills.
- Sales Tools and Technologies.
- Product and Industry Knowledge.
- Analytical Skills.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
Sales Resume Example As Per Your Experience Level
1) Entry-level (Functional)
This format is ideal for entry- Level professionals with less or no prior experience.
This functional resume format is most suitable for entry-level job applicants. In a functional resume format, your skills and accomplishments are displayed at the top of the resume, accompanied by your work experience and education.
2) Mid- career (Combination)
For whom this format is ideal to use- Entry-Level, Mid-Level and Executive Level professionals
This combination resume format is most suitable for mid- career job applicants. In a combination resume format, both of your skills and work experience are highlighted, with your education section placed just after your work experience section.
3) High-level (Chronological)
For whom this format is ideal to use- Mid-Level and Executive Level professionals.
This chronological resume format is most suitable for executive- career job applicants. In a chronological resume format, your work experience is mentioned in reverse chronological order, that is starting with your most recent job.
Suggested Sales Cover letter
Some Facts Regarding Sales Field
- According to a survey, sales and business development jobs are among the most sought-after job roles in India, capturing around 10% of all job listings on any job site.
- The pharmaceutical industry is one of the biggest employers of sales professionals in India, with around 10-15% of its workforce employed in sales roles.
- The topmost skills in demand for sales professionals in India are- customer relationship management, business development, account management, and sales management.
- The Indian sales industry is drastically embracing digital technologies to drive sales growth, focusing on e-commerce, several mobile apps, and social media marketing.
- A report states that the sales industry in India could generate 4 million new jobs by 2025, emphasizing e-commerce, telecom, and financial services.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Q1. Which are the most important sections in a sales resume?
The most significant section in a sales resume includes your contact information, a professional summary, relevant work experience, achievements, education, certifications, and skills.
Q2. What should be the ideal length of a sales resume?
A sales resume should ideally be 1-2 pages long. Keep it crisp and brief and relevant to the job role you are applying for.
Q3. Why include a cover letter along with my sales resume?
It is always a good practice to add a cover letter and your sales resume. Use the cover letter to introduce yourself, display your relevant skills and expertise, and explain why you are a good fit for the job.
Q4. How do I customize my sales resume for different job applications?
Always study the job description carefully and customize your resume to display the skills and experience that are required to perform the significant job. Use keywords from the job description to increase your chances of getting shortlisted by an ATS.